Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sun-kissed Summer Look using Scout Cosmetics


I have had a crazy month and a half house sitting my parent's place, hence a lack of blog posts and content. We don't get roaches in our apartment so it was a whirlwind of chasing after roaches at my parent's house and trying to bond with my dad's love bird. Through thick and thin, lil birdy finally bonded with me after 2 blow drying sessions (he likes to be pampered). Now, I can't wait to get some sun and smack on my bronzer. I was sent some beautiful Scout Cosmetics products in order to re-create my own sunkissed look. It took about 5 minutes, super easy!

Scout Cosmetics is a beautiful Australian mineral makeup and organic skincare brand. I would classify Scout Cosmetics under my "Green Beauty" category. 


BRONZER

For an all round sun-kissed glow I used Scout Cosmetics Bronzer "Summer"- $39.95.
This particular bronzer is smooth to apply and comes in a standard mineral container. I used Scout Cosmetics Vegan Blush Brush - $24.95 to sweep the bronzer across my cheeks, nose and sides of my forehead. With my fingers, I also used the bronzer as an eye shadow, it worked surprisingly well mainly because there is a fair amount of sheen in the bronzer. When applied onto the cheeks it will give you colour and glow! My only suggestion is to use a primer under your foundation before applying the bronzer, especially if you have enlarged pores like me where mineral products tend to get caught in the pores and end up accentuating your pores. 

LIPS

I was sent Scout Cosmetics Organic Lipstick - $26.95; the shade is "Captivate" when I first saw the colour in the bullet I was extremely hesitant to even swatch it because the shade appeared very bright and vibrant, not a shade I usually wear or can even pull off. But I took a leap of fate and decided to give it a go, I was pleasantly surprised by this gorgeous metallic shade. The colour is no where near as intimidating as I expected. The lipstick was actually quite sheer and extremely nourishing. 


NAILS

The finishing touch is nails, a glittery coat of gold on my nails, I am using Scout Cosmetics Eco Luxe Nail Polish in Truly Madly Deeply - $19.95. There are 35 shades. This is a special nail polish because it's free from potential allergens, carcinogens and irritants that is often found in traditional nail polish:
 - Toluene
 - Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)
 - Camphor
 - Formaldehyde
 - Formaldehyde Resin


Below, I have swatches (an unedited photo) of the lipstick and bronzer to give you an idea of what the actual colour looks like. 

*Products featured were provided for editorial purpose


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts