Friday, October 13, 2017

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip Review + Swatches



ABOUT SMASHBOX BE LEGENDARY LIQUID LIP

  • Glides on full coverage liquid lipstick with high shine like a gloss
  • Formulated without parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, phthalates, silicone and talc
  • Foolproof precision tip application that distributes evenly
  • Makes lips appear more plump and full
  • Feels soft and comfortable on lips, non gritty
  • Cruelty free
  • Available in 17 shades
Price: $35 from Mecca Maxima



MY VERDICT

  • The Wand:  The triangular shaped tip allows the most efficient and precise application. There is a slight curvature to one side of the wand allowing more product to sit in the applicator so you won't need to dip the wand back into the tube for more. Due to the precision, I haven't found the need to use a lip liner while using Be Legendary Liquid Lip.
  • Scent: It smells like peaches - I'm serious!
  • Texture: As advertised, it's smooth, easy to spread/apply, non sticky or tacky at all, light weight, hydrating and comfortable on the lips. Coverage is indeed full and the shine? Well have a look below for yourself. I was also surprised that my lips did not feel dry AT ALL... I would usually feel some sort of dryness when using a liquid lipstick.
  • Longevity:  Boy, they are long-lasting, Bad B and Bad Apple both lasted even after eating and drinking, although fading to Bad Apple was more noticeable as it's a brighter shade, both lasting for about 6-7hrs, I can stretch it to 8-9hrs if I am careful. There is a substantial amount of transfer with Bad Apple, but even after all the wiping and eating, you will still have product remaining on your lips. Petal Metal is not as long wearing as the other 2 shades as the metallic would slowly fade. I have read several reviews regarding bleeding around the edges, I can assure you I did not experience any bleeding with any of the 3 shades.
  • Shades: Bad B is my go to everyday colour, it's perfect for work. Bad Apple is a classic red, something I'd pick for a special occasion. Last but not least Petal Metal is actually my first metallic lip colour, I hesitated at first as I have never tried or used a metallic lip colour and was surprised by how much I liked it.
  • Final Comments: I am forever grateful that Mecca had introduced me to Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip, it went from being a liquid lipstick that I would never have discovered to a liquid lipstick I would purchase and recommend. 

SWATCHES



LIP SWATCHES

Petal Metal



Bad B



BAD APPLE


Products features were provided for editorial purposes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts