Friday, July 7, 2017

FIRST IMPRESSION: Hola Seaweed Skincare Collection


It's been 9 months since my last holiday, we went cruising with Royal Caribbean. I keep re-visiting the photos from Vanuatu and New Caledonia because the water was blue and crystal clear. Hola became the perfect skincare range to use during my nostalgic week!

Hola is an Australian made and owned skincare line that uses seaweed extract, I have used and heard of products with many different extracts but seaweed is a first! So I was quite excited to try this range.

I tried this skincare range day and night for a week, keep reading to find out what I thought about the products!



HOLA SEAWEED MOISTURISING EYE GEL - $22

This eye gel contains seaweed extract designed to moisturise and smooth dry skin around the eye area, it can also be used as an eye mask and recommended to be stored in the refrigerator overnight.

I found this eye gel to be best used in the morning and straight out of the fridge. I experience some intense puffiness in the morning, I always look tired despite the amount of sleep I receive. The only time I look awake is when I am on holidays. This gel helps to de-puff with a cooling effect, however it will not rid the puffiness entirely. I would recommend using this eye gel on it's own than mixed with concealer.


HOLA SEAWEED MOISTURISING CLEANSING GEL - $22

Enriched with seaweed extract and developed with special facial "bubbles" to effectively dissolve impurities and excess skin oil.

I have been using this cleanser as a second cleanse, it does not lather when using my Foreo cleansing device, however it lathers up really nicely when I use my hands. The gel was quite runny when I first started using it, however the gel became thicker, which is something I am not used to. I personally like to dot cleansers on my face and found it difficult for this gel cleanser to stick to my face. I need to rub the product in a little otherwise it may fall off. That is the only aspect I dislike about the product, however it does not prevent me from using this cleanser because I like the bubbling too much! The product is scented, a sweet scent?



HOLA SEAWEED MOISTURISING TONER - $25

A refreshing and purifying toner that relaxes the skin with it's calming scent of the ocean. Developed with nourishing seaweed extract to hydrate, refresh and sooth whilst balancing the PH level.

The consistency of this toner is slightly thicker than usual toners, I like to pour some on my hand, rub my palm together and press the toner onto my face. I dislike using cotton pads as I feel that it absorbs most of the product.

I have been using this product during both day and night time. It left my skin feeling hydrated and re-freshed. The only thing I did not like about this product is the bottle, whilst the design is super cute, the content does not pour out with ease, I need to shake the bottle quite intensively to get the product to come out.



HOLA SEAWEED MOISTURISING LOTION - $29

A light hydrating lotion, enriched with seaweed extract to help moisturise and restore your skin.

This lotion is indeed very light-weight, absorbs well and quicky. I have been using this for both evening and day time, I prefer this for day time cos it's so light! This lotion does not leave behind any greasy feeling and it sits well under makeup. I personally feel that I need a little bit more for winter, however if I were to layer this with serum, it works well.

Similar to the toner, the only thing I disliked is the bottle, it takes effort to dispense the lotion! I wish both the toner and lotion came in pump bottles or squeezable tubes.


Products featured in this post were provided for editorial purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts