Friday, January 6, 2017

Genie Beauty Line Smoothing Concealer Review and Swatches





 In 2016 I was introduced to Genie Beauty and was lucky to have met with the magnificent Lisa Claycomb to showcase her exclusive beauty and skincare products in Sydney.

I deemed Genie Beauty the BEST brand discovery of 2016, I have a massive stash of products sitting in my living room, some a old favourites, staples and a lot of ubiquitous new discoveries. It's less than infrequent that I am to fall in love with every single product sent to me from the same brand. I always tend to hold a grain of scepticism when I'm introduced to new products, I want brands to sell me their passion and Lisa did just that.

Genie Beauty is going back to basics, the difference between this brand and other brands is that Lisa pours her heart and soul to perfect the formulas. The products on the market are manufactured to Lisa's high standards, it's fool-proof.

Quality will surpass the irrational temptation I experience when browsing through an isle of high end products. At the end of the day, I want my products to perform, serve it's purpose and do it well.

Today I want to introduce to set of concealer sticks that performs better than most concealers in my stash.


ABOUT GENIE LINE SMOOTHING CONCEALER

  • Buttery emulsion and super pigmented
  • Easy gliding and eliminates dark circles/imperfections
  • Rehydrates and conditions your skin whilst providing coverage
  • Infused with Safflower Seed oil, Sweet Almond oil and Shea Butter gives you an unbelievable smooth, invisible finish
  • Long wear and crease proof
  • Instantly blurs the look of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Suitable for oily skin as the product contains corn starch which absorbs oil
  • Also contains Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid
  • Available in 3 shades, Ivory, Biege and Honey
Price: $29.95 per stick (3.5g)

Top: Ivory; Middle: Honey; Bottom: Beige
MY VERDICT
  • This concealer is miraculous, the stick formula makes application simple and smooth. Speaking of smooth, the concealer will glide on your skin, the formula is also creamy and easy to blend.
  • This formula is suitable to use under eyes, it's hydrating as stated and maintains the hydration following application.
  • I did not find this concealer to stick to or highlight any dry spots. I am really pleased!!
  • The wear time is impressive, my spots continues to remain covered (unless I rub my face) after a working day.
  • My skin tone is light olive (NC25 is the exact shade that matches my skin tone but I like to use NC30) and Ivory suits me perfectly, it has a slight olive undertone while beige possess a pinky undertone. When I had my fake tan on, Honey was perfect, I'd say that Honey is suitable for those who are approximately 2-3 shades darker than my natural skin ton (see swatch photo).
  • I couldn't comment on whether this concealer is line smoothing or not, so I gave Honey to mum and she put it to the test. It worked amazingly on her skin (she's in her late 50s), the concealer did not seep into her wrinkles or lines, nor did it accentuate the lines. I did see a slight blurring effect. I was pretty amazed.
  • I love this concealer so so much, the only limitation I can think of for others is the limited shades, but if line smoothing concealer proves to be favourable, I'm sure Lisa might consider bringing out more shades ;)
Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I must look into this brand more! Thanks for your wonderful review, Lily xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These concealers look so interesting. After reading this I really want to try them!

    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts