Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation in Soft Beige and True Ivory Review




Boy, did this foundation receive a hoard of criticism. I've read the good, the bad, the inbetween and  decided to put this to good use and provide my personal verdict.

Before we start, I'll give you a break down of my skin profile. My skin is genernally dry, dehydrated but I can get an oily T-Zone... I'm not really sure what it makes me. My shade, according to MAC is NC25  or NC30 (during summer) - just for your reference.

Now that's out of the way, let's get on with the review..


ABOUT RIMMEL FRESHER SKIN FOUNDATION

- For combination to normal skin types
- Revolutionary quick-break texture that transforms whilst blending it on skin from a bouncy water-gel to a refreshing cream.
- Lightweight, buildable coverage doesn’t clog pores and lets skin breathe.
- Natural Mineral Powders help absorb excess oil, leaving skin shine-free all day. - Aloe, Chamomile and Sea Algae Extracts help to reduce the appearance of redness and even-out skin tone.
- Available in 8 shades: #010 Light Porcelain; #100 Ivory; #102 Light Nude, #103 True Ivory, #200 Soft Beige, #120 Classic Beige; #303 True Nude; #400 Natural Beige
- SPF15

Price: $18.95AUD

TOP: True Ivory; BOTTOM: Soft Beige

MY VERDICT:

- The product comes in a pot with a white protecting cover, this cover is great in a sense that it prevents the foundation from staining the lid.. and the same time I dislike it because the product goes all over the cover. It's not the most travel friendly foundation. I'm clumsy and I've dropped it a couple of times - it gets messy. I personally prefer a press pump or squeezy bottle.

- Product texture is light weight and spreads very easily. I generally don't have oily skin so I can't comment on whether the product absorbs oil or not.

- The foundation is best applied with a dense flat-top or rounded brush (I've seen a few people recommend a sponge, but I've never actually used a sponge to apply my foundation so I can't comment!). Avoid flat foundation brushes as it will cause streaking. I find the shade to change when applied with my fingers. Perhaps it's the warmth of my finger tips? Although, I did not experience any blotchiness with either shades, but I can see how the warmer shades might subject to blotchiness.

- My pores were still visible, however with one layer of foundation my smaller imperfections were reduced (although still visible) as well as redness around my nose. The product does not feel heavy on my face and my skin looks natural! After a few hours of wear, some of the foundation slipped off my nose - which is not unusual for me.

- With two layers, upon application it's fine. After a few hours I saw a lot of cracks and lines as if my skin was awfully dry, this was particularly visible between my brows, on and around my nose and mouth.

-  I have been wearing this foundation most days for 3 weeks now, with one layer, it is light weight, wearable and I'm happy with the result. This foundation does not have the best wear time. I would not recommend this if you are looking for heavy coverage or a foundation to layer.



*The products featured in this post were provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own

3 comments:

  1. Very Informative!
    Such a dividing product, it definitely sounds like something to try first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the packaging, but I'm like you - serial klutz. So I always worry about shattering glass and product everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, yes I am big on easy to use and clean packaging, anything in a tub or a pot is usually a no from me

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts