Monday, October 10, 2016

White Glo Teeth Whitening Collection Review


Brighter and whiter teeth is something that I have lusted over for the longest time. I remember as a child, I didn't know about veneers and thought celebrities were "picked" based on the quality of their teeth.

Growing up, I have longed for perfect pearly whites and may have tried a lot of whitening toothpaste on the market, I even attended a market research about teeth whitening. Surprisingly, I haven't really tried any proper treatment products. As a result, I was stoked to be given this opportunity to test some White Glo products.



WHITE GLO POWER BRUSH TOOTHPASTE - $6.99

This toothpaste is designed for electronic toothbrushes.. since I don't even have a blender and need to manually mash up my bananas to make nice-cream, I unfortunately don't own an electronic toothbrush either. The toothpaste is blue that is slightly peppermint-y, but mainly a taste that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the low content of abrasive Micro Wax? I don't know. What I do know is that my tongue is not a big fan of the taste.

I know that I had not been able to achieve optimal results without an electronic toothbrush after using this toothpaste, however, my teeth did appear slightly whiter after a few uses. I have been using this toothpaste every 2nd or 3rd day and mostly at night. It is probably one of the more effective whitening toothpaste I have tried.  



WHITE GLO BRIGHTENING PEN AND BONUS STRIPS - $19.99

The White Glo pen actually worked (I did a video try on review below), the top row actually appeared whiter. I was unable to keep the gel on for more than 10 minutes (due to sensitivity to one tooth), it was bubbling and it's just something that'll take time for me to get use to. Nonetheless it still worked, I did not see a notable difference to my bottom row, I'm not too sure why. The recommendation is for you to use this several times per day, I feel that is a little bit unrealistic for me, so I will be using this before special occasions.

Unfortunately, the bonus strips were not suitable for my teeth and became a little patchy (with white stripes running across my 4 front teeth). I'm not sure whether this was due to my application or the texture of my teeth - which is not 100% smooth and flat? I assume that would contribute to the outcome. I experienced mild sensitivity with this product.


WHITE GLO  DISOLVING STRIPS - $8.99 (6 strips)

I've tried similar strips previously and had no idea what to do with it, do I peel it off, do I eat it? So this time round, I had a good read of the instructions.

The strip is actually meant to dissolve onto your teeth that is not to be swallowed. Within minutes, the strip started to dissolve, I honestly didn't know whether I should leave my mouth open or closed. I waited for approximately 15 minutes and became quite impatient as the dissolved content started to feel quite uncomfortable and a little bit gooey, so I went and washed it off. Unfortunately, I did not notice any instant whitening effects, however, keep in mind that I did wash everything off after 15 minutes when the content started to get gooey, perhaps I had to leave it on for longer?

This product really tests your patience. I couldn't really talk while I had it on, so best for you to put on a movie or wash your hair to kill time.

I will try this again and be giving a few to family members to test out for a second opinion. Have you tried this? Did it work for you? I would love to know.



WHITE GLO EXPRESS WHITENING SYSTEM - $18.95

I had put off using this for a long time, I wasn't sure how my teeth would have handled the product but after speaking to a friend who had been using it successfully. I decided to give it a go.

I placed the tray with gel in my mouth covering the top row of my teeth for 5 minutes, the first 2-3 minutes was fine. I did dribble uncontrollably so I had to put some tissue paper in my mouth.

The last 2 minutes was a hurdle. I started to feel the sensitivity (to a few front teeth and gums), I was literally staring at the clock wanting to take the tray out of my mouth. Once I removed the tray, I rinsed my mouth and washed the tray. My teeth did appear slightly brighter and whiter, one specific tooth encountered more sensitivity than others, however it was not unbearable. That specific tooth did remain mildly sensitive for the rest of the evening. The other major thing I noticed is that my teeth were not as smooth following use.

The instructions said to use this over 5-7 days, I personally felt this would be too harsh for my teeth and decided to use this every 2nd or 3rd day - but if you have really strong teeth, I suppose you can try daily use? Your will teeth get whiter, but be mindful that if you have any plaque etc it'll stick to it or around it, causing potential spotting.

My recommendation for use is not to cover the entire tray with the whitening gel if you only want to bleach the teeth that is visible when you smile. As a result, I would only apply gel to parts of the tray that would cover my front few teeth. I squirted way too much gel on the tray the first time, this is suppose to last 60 uses.



TRY ON REVIEW - WHITENING PEN

So... some worked, some didn't. Have you tried any of the products above? I would love to know your experience!
*All products featured in this post were provided for editorial purpose, all opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. I've used the White Glo gel tray thing and paste but did not see a discernable difference despite rigid adherence to the instructions. My teeth suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I might give the strips a go tonight. They've been sitting in my bathroom but I've been hesitant. Trangles xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the taste of this toothbrush. Strange thing to say? I found that the dissolving strips were best done at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're looking for dental implant services in Hockley,
    you may want to consider Spa Dental. They offer a range of dental treatments, including dental implants,
    to help restore the appearance and functionality of your teeth. Dental implants Dental Implants in Hockley
    are a popular option for people who have lost one or more teeth due to injury, decay, or other causes.


    ReplyDelete
  5. The White Glo Teeth Whitening Collection is an impressive range of products that deliver noticeable results. Highly recommended for brighter teeth! !!Teeth Whitening Cost In Delhi!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts