Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Winter Edit: 4 Sun Protection Products You Need in Winter



My younger self often made the mistake of skipping sunscreen during winter thinking the sun cannot get to me through all these clouds. Unfortunately our skin becomes more sensitive during winter while the UVA (the ageing) rays does not get weaker, instead covers every spot the sun reaches. UVA rays can also penetrate through fabric and glass, so make sure you are sun protected from top to toe!

The larger parts of our body are often covered in thick layers of clothing during winter, however we need to consider and avoid neglecting other important body parts (i.e., face, neck, lips and hands) that is often exposed to the sun and damaging rays. Today I want to share with you 4 sunscreens to keep you protected this winter. I am not sure if it's a coincidence but all products can be purchased from Chemist Warehouse!



FACE AND NECK

Let me introduce two of my favourite sunscreens that I have been wearing for the past 4 or so months, Sunsense Moisturising Face SPF 50+ ($11.69 from Chemist Warehouseand Cancer Council  Face Day Wear Sunscreen SPF 30 ($12.99 from Chemist Warehouse). Both are high quality products, very moisturising, excellent for winter and those with dry skin or combination skin.

I stand firmly behind Ego Sunsense when it comes to sunscreens, their products just suit my skin. Sunsense Moisturising Face is a lotion, so the formula is a little bit runny, however very easy to apply, it's non-greasy and doesn't feel heavy. The formula absorbed almost much instantly following application and dries more or less matte. I feel that this product may suit those with oily skin during winter as well. If you are interested to learn more about the different products from Sunsense, click here.

For those who experience flakey and chapped skin during winter like I do, the Cancer Council Sunscreen is for you.

This is actually the first time I have tried any sunscreen from Cancer Council, we use to purchase random sunscreen from Coles and Woolworth and they all left my face super duper greasy and oily. If this product wasn't sent to me,  I would have dismissed it in the shopping isle and it would have been a huge mistake!! I go through stages of winter where my face goes from combination to ridiculously dry and flakey to the point I need to lather Vaseline all over my face. Cancer Council  Face Day Wear Sunscreen possess a very creamy texture that goes an extra mile for my flaky skin while still manage to be non-greasy and light weight.

Remember not to neglect your neck!



LIPS

Lip cancer happens more frequently than we expect during winter, we need to protect and moisturise our lips. Sunsense SPF 50+ Lip Balm ($4.99 from Chemist Warehouse) is my all time favourite SPF balm because the formula is extremely moisturising, excellent for chapped lips and have a high SPF rate of 50. Sunsense Lip Balm does not dry or chap my lips over time like some of the other lip balms. I always have a tube in my bag and it's my ultimate travel lippie. This product is also 4 hours water resistant.

I have written an in depth post about this particular lip balm here.


HANDS

Sunscreen for hands, why is this not more widespread?! I keen two tubes of hand cream in my bag, QV Hand Cream SPF 15 ($4.99 from Chemist Warehouse) and a non-SPF hand cream for when I am indoors for the day. I'm no scientist or chemist, but my dad told me to put moisture on my legs to tan faster. So... if we are out in the sun and used creams without SPF on our hands (especially if it has petroleum) does that mean it's encouraging the process of ageing? I have no idea, but logic is telling me to use hand creams with SPF while I am outdoors. I had a look at my hand cream stash and QV is the only hand cream I own with SPF. Good on your QV!


Now I want you to assess your stash and find a hand cream with SPF, if you don't have one, you might want to consider investing in one!


*All products mentioned in this post were provided for editorial purpose, opinions are my own.


1 comment:

  1. I am looking for a new sun block for my face and have not tried sunsense or cancer council! I do not have any hand creams with spf, that will need to change!

    Marnie.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts