Lancome Juicy Shaker "Berry in Love" Review and Swatches
I still say things like "When I grow up I want to blablabla"... my partner and I often talk about which superhero we want to be.. I don't think I'd be quite fit to procreate. Heavy topic isn't it? It's just been a week where I need to rant, from life stress to work stress. I'm sure we all have one of those weeks!
But you know what, nothing makes me more happy than coming home to makeup and packages. As soon as I see a package waiting for me on the table, I'd literally forget about whatever trauma I experienced that day.
Beauty therapy should be a thing. It would've been interesting if I ended up using my Psychology degree, can you imagine? Every therapy session would be a makeup session.
|283 Berry in Love|
ABOUT JUICY SHAKER
Lancôme Juicy Shaker is a revolution to #BantheBoring
- Contains a bi-phased formula pairing nourishing lip oils with pigments for plump but natural looking glossy lips.
- Nourishing oils contain sweet almond oil, omega 3 and cranberry oil.
- The cushion applicator allows the absorption of the right dose of pigment while the shape hugs the lip contours.
- The formula is non-sticky and non-drying.
- Juicy Shaker comes in 13 shades with one limited edition shade "400 Mint to Me" (the blue one!).
- To apply, shake your juicy shaker, the more you shake the stronger the colour gets.
Price: $34 for 6.5ml (or $62 for duos and $90 for trios)
|Can you see the oil separated from the pigment?|
- Let's start with the application, I love the fun, fresh and fruity concept, it's like a mini cocktail in a lip product. It's interactive in the way that you have to shake your little concoction before enjoying it. Juicy Shaker is a novelty that really brings light to my day. No, seriously, on days where I'm angry, I just shake my juicy shaker and literally "shake it off".
- The sponge tip application is another novelty, I've never seen an applicator quite like this. It's soft and really does hug the shape of my lips. The slightly pointy tip allows easy application around the edges of my lips.
- My Juicy Shaker in "Berry in Love" smells fruity and slightly alcoholic... like a berry cocktail! Is it just me or did anyone else smell the cocktail nature of their Juicy Shaker?
- Upon application, my lips felt super nourished with a gorgeous tint of colour (a purple-ish shade) that didn't come out too well in photos ... but it's actually a bit darker in real life and fairly visible even on my lips that's relatively pigmented.
- I did had to reapply after a couple of hours for a colour boost, and my lips did feel a little bit dry once the nourishing oil dried.
- Overall, I feel that it is perfect for everyday wear, I like my makeup minimal most of the time and a gentle tint and beautiful shine is perfect for me. If you are looking for a gentle, fun and novel lip tint, check out Lancôme's Juicy Shakers!
*This product was provided for editorial purposes, all opinions are my own.