Sunday, March 20, 2016

La Roche-Posay Serozinc Review





The past couple of weeks have been crazy, busy at work and busy at home. I recently decided to bring a new member into our family, a 7 week old love bird named Tolly (gender unknown). Little fella is extremely active, enjoys climbing and playing with toys .. and it's been such a tough gig to get it to eat!! The pet store person old us we have to hand feed it for another month, so everyone has been taking shifts feeding baby Tolly.

Since I'm not well rested and have lots on my mind, my skin had gone a bit funny with blemishes, dry spots and redness. Now, I've actually stopped using a toner because I'm lazy and toning takes time using a cotton pad. Serozinc landed at my door not long ago and timing couldn't have been more perfect.


ABOUT SEROZINC
  • Serozinc is an international cult product that launched in Australia this month. It's a mist that will purify, sooth and matify. A product designed to target oily, acne prone and irritated skin.
  • Pores are visibly tightened and complexion smoothened, it makes the perfect makeup base.
  • Serozinc contains three ingredients only: Zinc Sulphate (reduce excess oil and matifies skin), Sodium Chloride (natural salt to cleanse and purify skin) and Spring Water (sooth and cleanse).
  • Designed for daily use, highly recommended for oily, acne prone skin or those who would like to prolong the wear of their makeup.
  • This product is preservative free , fragrance free and hypoallergenic

How to use?
1. Cleanse with your usual cleanser
2. Close your eyes and spray Serozinc all over your face
3. Apply moisturiser
Price: $19.99 - $23.95 (from Priceline and Chemist Warehouse) 


MY VERDICT

  • I've been using this product after every cleanse for the past couple of weeks and I can't put it down. My face felt instantly hydrated and recharged after a spray of Serozinc.
  • My skin is problematic on an intermittent basis, mainly redness, breakouts, pores and recently a very oily T-Zone. I do feel like my skin had tightened to some degree following the spray, I'm yet to see my pores actually reduce in size, but that will take a long time given my grand-canyon equivalent pores.
  • My skin had calmed down significantly after using Serozinc for the past couple of weeks, I saw reductions in redness, bumps and what not during "that time of the month" I have been a little bit naughty and haven't moisturised as well since using this product, even though it's a product designed for oily and acne prone skin, it hydrates incredible well. Kudos!
  • The mist is very quickly absorbed and there's no particular scent to the product, it's a light mist that can be sprayed evenly across your face with it's aerosol design.  Maybe I'm just really weak with no upper limb strength, I find the spray button a tiny bit difficult to press (compared to my deodorant), I need to hold the bottle with one hand and use the other hand to press down on the button to dispense the mist.
  • I've always wondered why this 3 ingredient product is a cult favourite, now I know. I've used a few products from La Roche Posay and it's quickly climbing to the top of my skincare ladder!



*This product was provided for editorial purposes only, all opinions are my own

15 comments:

  1. I will be showing this to my teenage girls as they love natural products. I used to use Evian spray in the Summer when I was younger as it was fantastic to hydrate skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lily Not Louise! I've nominated you for a Liebster award because I love your content! You can read my post about it on my profile where you will find the questions I've given to my nominees. Feel free to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great! If it makes its way to priceline and is on sale, I'll have to pick it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds super quick and easy! I love refreshing spray mists, bonus points if they're good for oily and acne-prone skin!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such great things about the serozinc! I can't wait for it to be available to me as well!! (of I just need to take a trip to france sometime :D )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing about this lately & wondered what it was about...thanks for the review! I'd probably use it more as a makeup extender since I don't suffer from oily skin as such, but it might be useful for the open pores I have on either side of my nose. Bonus points for only having 3 ingredients too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product sounds perfect for my teenage daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new little family member I hope he/she starts eating on its own soon for you all. I know how tiring it can be feeding in shifts I have a mini farm and lots of animals haha. The Serozinc sounds great though! I have oily skin with redness and huge pores at the moment so I may have to give this a try I hope it does help reduce pore size over time that would be great!!!

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw so cute hearing about Tolly! I hope he/she settles in soon and doesn't keep you awake too much longer. Fab review! This one doesn't sound like it would suit my skin but I'm a big fan of La Roche Posay products x www.beyoutyfulyou.com x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I can't wait to purchase this cult product. I'm heading to Australia soon, and I found it at priceline and chemist warehouse websites! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that this only has 3 ingredients, it sounds really good as well. I've been meaning to try it literally since it came out, I really need to pick a bottle up!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got this, but have yet to start using it. Great review, I can't wait to incorporate it into my daily routine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you've sold me Lily - my skin needs mattifying big time, and I could do with all the extra benefits. Love this review sweetie - thanks a bunch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's interesting to find other people's reviews because I felt like it didn't have much effects as compared to other thermal spring water face mists.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review mate!
    It helps who want to purchase La roche posay India product..thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts