Review: Rimmel Super Gel Duo Set 023 Grape Sorbet
About Rimmel Super Gel
- Duo polishes, 2 steps to salon quality nails
- Lasts up to 14 days of gel colour and shine
- Easy application with no UV lamp required: Apply 1-2 coats of Super Gel colour, followed by Super Gel Top Coat to activate curing
- Easy to remove with nail polish remover
- Available in 15 shades
Price: $9.95 per bottle (available in singles) or $14.95 for a duo set (1 x colour 1 x top coat)
- I love the flat shaped brush, allowing the polish to be easily applied with a few strokes. My shade was in 023 Grape Sorbet, a beautiful pearl pink colour. Drying time was more or less the same as other decent colour/top coat.
- My nails did give off a pearlescent shine once the top coat was applied, however the shine did not exceed... or should I say was equivalent to my Sally Hanson and Faby top coats. I've only tried Shellac, so I'm not sure what this "gel" effect looks like. To my naked eyes, it didn't look any different to a coloured polish with a decent top coat.
- Most standard nail polish (Faby, Sally Hansen, OPI etc) will last on my nails for about 5 days without any real signs of chipping. Longevity wise, it lasted the exactly same amount of time. Serious chipping came about after the 6ths or 7th day - unfortunately it did not pass the 14 day test for me, but I still feel it's a good polish set.
- I applied a layer of Ciate's nail sparkles on my accent nail - that prolonged the life of those single nail significantly with very minor chippings.
- A significant difference I noticed is that the top "gel" coat of Rimmel's Super Gel remained on my nails and did not chip separately, unlike my other polishes where the top coat would often come off separate to my coloured polishes.