Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Review: Rimmel Fix & Protect Primer and Match Perfection Foundation


For me, a nice flawless canvass beats any fancy make-up. If I have awful foundation on my skin, my face will look and feel bad no matter how much eye, cheek or lip make up I apply. I'd rather a blemish free and even complexion with neutral eye and lip make up than dipping my face in my entire make up collection. I love the minimalist approach.

Rimmel had recently launched a base duo and I was super excited to try it out!


About Fix and Protect Primer
  • Acts as an invisble shield, shelters skin from pollution, dehydration and filtres harmful UV rays
  • Light weight and moisturising formula
  • Light diffusing properties, instantly blurs blemishes and smooth out complexion
  • Skin will feel plump and remain mattified for up to 7 hours
  • Prolongs the life of foundations
  • Wear along or under foundations
  • SPF 25
Price: $13.95 available at Priceline, Kmart, Big W and selected chemists

About Match Perfect Foundation
  • Creates a refined even complexion
  • Moisturising complex leaving skin feeling hydrated for up to 24 hours
  • Assists with controlling dark circles, enlarged pores and discolourations
  • Contains light reflecting and soft focus powders to blur imperfections
  • Contains Vitamin E
  • Weightless texture
  • Available in 8 shades
  • SPF20
Price: $18.95 available at Priceline, Kmart, Big W and selected chemists





My Verdict on Rimmel's Fix and Protect Primer

- This primer is very different to Benefit's POREfessional, it reminds me of Korean/Japanese primers. For those who have tried Shiseido's primer - it's fairly similar.
- The texture is quite watery and easily blendable. Texture wise, I prefer this to Benefit's POREfessional, as the excess content of Benefit's primer would roller off my face.
- The shade is suitable for all skin-tones, however I envision a slight white-overcaste on darker skin tones. This primer will not hide your pores or blur lines, however it does have light reflective properties and provides a really nice sheen (See wrist photo above, see how there's a slight glow around my veins?)
- My dry skin loves this, it does dry matte, but it moisturises better than some of the other primers I've used and it's non-greasy.
- I did notice some extension to the life of my foundation when I use this primer. If you are looking for a nice glow and some luminosity, try this primer.



 My Verdict on Rimme's Match Perfection Foundation

- I really like this foundation, it provided a very nice medium coverage. It's light weight and sits nicely on my skin. The foundation covered most of my freckles and blemishes, I just had to go back in with a concealer for my awful under eyes and darker blemishes.
- The scent of this foundation is extra pleasant, it has a slight floral scent which I love.
- Shade wise, I picked out two shades 103 True Ivory (light olive) for winter and 200 Soft Biege (Biege undertone but it's not pink, it's more of a tanned shade and suitable for olive skin during summer). For all the other months, I just mix the two shades together.
- In terms of texture. it's a little thicker than expected and easy to blend with a flat top brush. I haven't used the old formula and have heard that long term users of the previous formula did not perfer this. I personally like it, it's highly moisturising and may appear to be greasy but mattifies after application. I can see how this may or may not work on oily skin, but I have dry skin and I love it!
- Apply the content with a flat top brush for a flawless finish!
- The foundation lasts for most of the day, it does slide off a little during summer and under air conditioning.

Have you tried any foundations from Rimmel?


 *This product was kindly provided for my consideration, all opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. I do quite like this foundation! And the primer is nice and grippy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing these products pop up in a few blogs now. I'm also not a fan of the original and I have oily skin lol.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha maybe you'll like this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Primer sounds good, I like that its matte. Will have to check it out, has a great price too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the kind of foundation that I like, especially for the price (it's like 1/3 of the price here in canada) and the coverage !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts