Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Review: L'STAJ Liquid Lady + Swatches




L'STAJ is a cruetly and paraben free brand established in Sydney by mother-daughter cosmetic super duo Laura and Stefani. The brand promises long lasting and high quality cosmetics, their matte lipstick ranges from natural nudes to vibrant reds. Can I really wave goodbye to cracked, coloured matte lips?

I have tried a variety of liquid matte lipsticks - I love matte and I love liquid lipsticks... but due to my extremely dry lips I cannot help but to cringe when the three words are put togther. I instantly picture my dry cracked lips. Did the products live up to their expectations?  Scroll down to read my verdict!


About Liquid Lady

  • Available in 5 shades (nudes, pink, deep red and classic red)
  • Liquid lipstick
  • Creamy texture, dries matte
  • Long lasting
  • Paraben free
  • Made in Japan
Price: $22 each or purchase all 5 for $85

Left: Lady Cheeky; Right: Lady Lavish
My Verdict

  • Packaging. It screams luxury with it's slick, simple and minimalistic approach. Love at first sight.
  • Application was really easy with the wand, you can cover your lips with liquid lady (I'd recommend full coverage for those with less pigmented lips), if your lips are more pigmented like mine, go for a 'stain'. Apply the content onto your lower lips and smack/rub your lips together until the colour is blended throughout your upper and lower lips. I don't reach for nudes - but I reach for these and have been wearing it to work for the past couple of weeks.
  • Texture is indeed creamy and velvety upon application, and it does dry matte. The content is extremely easy to blend so you will have plenty of time perfecting it to the shape of your lips.
  • There is a very light scent to the product, it's not noticable unless you really sniff it. I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like.. it smells like lipstick? 
  • These babies are extremely pigmented, what you see is pretty much what you get, the colours are true to the photos.
  • Moisturisation wise, it didn't dry my lips out like Klara Cosmetics, however, I would always recommend a lip balm to prime the lips. I wore it once without lip balm and my lips did feel dry once the formula dried matte. For girls with extra dry lips like me, I recommend a generous coat of balm to prime and re-apply to your lips every 3-4 hours to keep them extra hydrated.
  • I preferred L'STAJ to Rimmel's Provocalips because I found that Provocalips didn't work well with hot beverage, it reacted to the heat and started clumping. I didn't have the same issue with L'STAJ - I drank my hot chocolate and slurped my ramen.
  • Liquid Lady is long lasting, it will last for most of the day with some fading throughout the day. However, if you are eating/drinking/wiping your mouth, the product will come off.
  • Liquid lady is easy to remove, either wash it off with cleanser or use a wipe.
  • Overall, I do feel this product is of higher quality with much better formula than some of the other liquid lipsticks I've tried. Although I did notice the lines of my lips slightly accentuated.. that's not enough to pull me away from it.. I am in love with the creaminess, matte finish and will continue to reach for this over my other liquid lipsticks. It's extremely difficult to find a good liquid lipstick and these are by far, the best I've tried.
Top: Lady Lavish;  Bottom: Lady Cheeky
Lady Cheeky

Lady Lavish



Do you prefer liquid lipsticks or bullet lipsticks?


*These products were provided for my consideration, all opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. These sound lovely!
    I've never heard of this brand before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing about new brands! And these look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these a re such nice colours!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh the good ol' slurping ramen test! Hehe we need to try these out. Lady Lavish is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really tried liquid lipsticks to be honest but they've been appearing all over my insta feed, I feel the need to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that pink shade! I usually wear a bullet lipstick. Bron

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts