Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sydney Fish Market + Gelato Messina + Zumbo + Frango

"You know that weird fuzzy feeling... like nothing else in the world matters because you have that one meaningful thing and life is content?"

"Love?"

"I don't know but It happens when I eat"

Yesterday was a day of food and wallet burnin'.. that's what happens when Lauren is in town.

Sydney Fish Market via Metro Light rail - Fish Market Cafe: Lobster Platter approx $58 AUD
  • Half a Lobster mornay
  • 2x Oyster Kilpatrick
  • 2x Oyster Mornay
  • 4x prawns
  • Baby octopus
  • Calamari
  • Fries
 Everything was so fresh! Mornay was cooked to perfection, right balance of mash, cream and cheese.. mmm NOMNOMOMNOM

Not too big on the kilpatrick, the bacon was over salted for me. It was alright though.

Baby octopus could have had more seasoning
Lobster Platter @ Sydney Fish Market
Fish Market Cafe - Sydney Fish Market on Urbanspoon


Gelato Messina @ Star City via Metro Light Rail --- $5 for 2 scoops.

  • Chocolate fondant and Salted caramel&White chocolate
  • Salted caramel&White chocolate and I can't remember the other flavour... I think the guy said it was panna cotta, chocolate and turkish delight bits.
Super friendly staff, constantly helping us sample ice cream to ease our indecisiveness.
Like L said, it wasn't gelato.... it was two scoops of heaven. I can see why it's been ranked the BEST gelato in Australia. Keen to try their main shop @ Darlinghurst!



Gelato Messina Pyrmont on Urbanspoon


 Zumbo @ The Star via Metro Light Rail --- $2.5 per Macaroon

  • Annunziata Chocolate 
  • Salted butter caramel


Adriano Zumbo Pâtissier on Urbanspoon

Unfortunately I didn't get to take any pictures of Frango.. but OH MY GOD.... the chicken was AMAZING. I will be sure to review this next time

In addition to all that food spending.... Went to MARCS and burnt a hole my debit card. 
Ended up getting this Cotton Sheen Full Skirt Shirtdress cost me an arm and a leg... well half a week's pay. FML. It's 100% silk.. I know.. I'm trying to rationalise...








MARCS WEBSITE

Hope everyone had a delightful Chocolate day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts