Monday, November 28, 2011

Jamie's Italian - Martin Place

Undoubtedly, every time I see Jamie Oliver on TV he's ferociously sprinkling salt, pepper and drizzling olive oil; served with a slice of content.


My friend and I marched down Pitt Street on a cold Thursday night to assuage our crying stomachs and despondent taste buds. We arrived just before 6pm and managed to secure a table upstairs. Once we were seated, within 3minutes the lights dimmed as we browsed through the menus. It wasn't till then I realised that we were surrounded by "couples" "dates" whatever you wish to name them. It was a joyful observation as the male specie fervently attempts to impress his female counterpart... whether it was by dress code, his ability to express his dietary knowledge or nuptial gifts. Amusing.


The restaurant layout was unique, very long and narrow.. reminds me of Erskinville's terrace.
 
Well.. I didn't realise how blurry these photos were until I uploaded them onto blogspot. Sorry guys. I hate this phone too... it's slender exterior is rather deceiving. I will definitely take my REAL camera next time I go to Jamie's.





Drinks: Peach & Sparkling (Left); Strawberry & Sparkling (Right)
I couldn't taste the peach at all, I'm not too big on wine or champagne. However, there was a slight after-taste in the strawberry sparkling.


Oh, and complimentary bread in the middle. Rosemary focaccia artisan sourdough, ciabatta & tortano; served with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic. Good sourdough.




Above is the Crispy Polenta Chips with Rosemary Salt and Parmesan $8.50.  Cooked nicely, you can still taste the freshness of the polenta.








 I think this was my favourite, Truffle Risotto $17. I've never had truffle before. The taste was unique, savoury and a little pungent, but just right. That doesn't even make sense to me. Petite dish for $17 but I guess truffle is a delicacy so I guess I'll let that slip.






The classical sphagetti bolognaise (Small) $12.50 , mind you, everything was well salted... this was overly done for me. The saltiness and the red wine over powered the generous amount of pork, beef and tomato sauce. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the crunchy  breadcrumb, nice touch to the dish.






Italian Nachos, $7. This was a rather average dish for me.... didn't grasp my attention at all.... to be honest, microwaved doritos with woolworth's salsa and shaved cheddar is probably more flavoursome. It was apparently deep fried cheese ravioli... made no difference to me. Salsa was fresh with a hint of chilli.




 Meat Plank $13 per head.

Cured meats: San Daniele prosciutto, Wagyu bresaola, finocchio & capocollo --- All I can say is fresh fresh fresh, well seasoned, recc to eat this with the buffalo mozzarella

Cheeses: Buffalo mozzarella & pecorino with amazing chilli jam ---- The Buffalo Mozzarella was incredibly creamy but velvet smooth. Eat this in moderation with other antipastos otherwise you might feel slightly ill in the stomach. The pecorino was dull on it's own, but when paired with the sweetness of the chilli jam..."omg"

Pickles: Curly green chillies, green & Gaeta olives & caper berries --- I liked the green olives... that's about it.

Crunchy salad: Shaved root veg with chilli, lemon & mint --- Bland, tasteless but earned it's place on the plank after heavy doses of flavours. Definitely a calm me down.







Tiramisu $9, strong doses of rum and expresso. True to flavour though. A little potent for my liking, wouldn't say it's my favourite dessert, you can probably get something similar from your local cake shop. Orange mascarpone was a hit though.






Here's a picture of consumers waiting outside the restaurant at around 8pm. Overall, nice hearty meals, wouldn't mind going back. I'm usually not much of a visible perve but one distinguishing factor about Jamie's Italian----- their male waiters were easy on the eyes.




Oh and the Christmas tree was up. There were carols outside Sydney Westfield and insane looking human reindeer + elves running around like crazy people. It actually felt like the festive season, it's usually never the time to be joyful (for me anyway) but it was an exceptionally cold and wet summer night.. like how real Christmases should be. I want a white Christmas!!!


I hate my phone for taking blurry pictures, but that's a masterpiece right there. Reminds me of an oil painting.

Jamie's Italian Website

 Jamie's Italian on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your blog link. I would love to check out your blog and follow back!

Featured Post

Skin do’s and don’ts this holiday season

So, the holiday season is upon us! However whilst you're out there enjoying the summer vibes, it's crucial not to let your skincare ...

Popular Posts