My under eye skin condition is now treated, however I became very cautious of the products I'm using. Thursday Plantation has been a trusted brand to me for many years. It was my go to brand for acne as a teenager. My partner is a lover of Thursday Plantation as well, he told me the tea tree scent in many Thursday Plantation products reminded him of something his mother used on him as a small child.
Today we will talk through some Thursday Planation products perfect for Spring.
THURSDAY PLANTATION OIL CLEANSER
- Deeply cleanses and puriﬁes the skin
- Supports the skin's protective barrier and improves skin condition
- Tones the skin
- Encourages skin rejuvenation and hydration
- Contains a mixture of oils: Castor oil, sunflower oil, macadamia oil, rice bran oil, grapefruit oil, tea tree oil, lemon oil and aloe vera extract
- I've added this oil cleanser in my double cleansing routine recently, substituting my gel cleanser. As claimed, this cleanser melted away my facial makeup (ensure to avoid the eye area). The best way to use this cleanser is in the shower at night, the hot steam will open up your pores during the cleanse.
- You may feel some oil residue on your face after your wash, I have personally been using a foam cleanser as the second step to my double cleansing method.
- My face feels extremely hydrated following the cleanse, the natural properties and oils are perfect for my sensitive and dry spring skin. I use a lot of sunscreen on a daily basis and I have previously learned that a lot of sunscreen can only be washed off completely with oil cleanser.
- I am overall happy with this cleanser, the only thing I need to mention is this disclosure on the bottle "Application to the skin may increase sensitivity to sunlight", citrus oil in general (in this case it's grapefruit oil - purifies skin - and lemon oil - assists with brightening) can cause photosensitivity. So my recommendation is to use this as a night time cleanser and avoid using if you are about to go out in the sun.
THURSDAY PLANTATION ALMOND OIL
As you may know almond oil is full of Vitamin E and fatty acids, for many centuries, almond oil has been used to sooth the skin and treat minor wounds and cuts. Product benefits as follows:
- Replenish dry skin
- Soothe skin redness
- Improve the appearance of uneven skin tone
- Nourish and soften the skin
- Great for massages
- Gently remove eye makeup without the use of chemicals
Price: $14.99 for 125ml
- I have been using my Almond Oil as I would with Rosehip Oil by applying the content onto damp skin. The absorption rate is faster than rosehip oil leaving my face soft and hydrated the entire evening.
- Almond oil is super versatile, it can also be used on your body, hair, as a scalp treatment or mixed with foundation.
- This is a fantastic product to remove eye makeup with!! I was surprised by it's effectiveness in removing general eyeshadow and waterproof eyeliner without any heavy oily residue creeping into my eyes. I can't comment on whether it's effective in removing waterproof mascara, I don't generally use waterproof mascara anymore (since discovering tube mascara).
THURSDAY PLANTATION TEA TREE ACNE GEL
This gel treatment penetrates into the skin and helps to dry out acne and pimples. Ideal for whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and acne.
- Penetrates into the skin to dissolve blackheads and whiteheads
- Concentrated formula to dry out pimples
- Contains 100% pure Australian Tea Tree Oil, a natural antibacterial ingredient to help control acne.
Price: $11.99 for 25g
- Thankfully, I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with a significant amount of pimple in the past couple of years, I only tend to experience hormonal acne during that time of the month. Once per month, I take out my acne fighting products. This gel works, it doesn't miraculously make your pimples disappear but it is effective in fighting and reducing redness/swelling. With persistent application, you will find your acne to improve significantly.
- The texture of the product is lightweight, non-sticky and easily absorbed. It did not leave any white residual on my face like some of the other acne treatment creams.
- There is a very distinct Tea Tree scent, I love the smell of tea tree oil so it doesn't bother me, but it might take some time to get use to if you don't use tea tree products on a regular basis.